Sunday, January 02, 2005

From Everything eCommerce:The Long Tail Part 2: Why Search Engines Love Blogs

This whole long tail thinking has really gotten me excited. If you have been studying search engine marketing and strategies, I'm sure you've come across the idea that search engines, especially Google love blogs. This was actually the reason this blog was started in the first place, as a way of capturing traffic. It was on blogs that things like Googlebombing first started. I think high ranking of blogs on search engines is caused by the long tail effect.

Each posting that goes up on a blog eventually moves off into the archives and is then found under it's permanent link. These postings can be pretty diverse and the home page of a blog might cover things from search engine positioning to what I had to eat last night. The permanent links though are where things get interesting. If I was suddenly to write a 5 paragraph piece on obscure obtuse geometry detailing out what obscure obtuse geometry means and how it relates to bridge building and fortune cookies, the resulting page would be extremely focused for the obscure obtuse geometry keywords. Maybe I'd even get lucky and have some other sites and blogs mention my page when they are looking for a way to explain obscure obtuse geometry.

Read the entire article at Everything eCommerce

4 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!

I have a search engine optimization orange county site. It pretty much covers ##SEARCH## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

Thanks again.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Facebook is a fantastic platform which gives its individuals tremendous opportunities to increase their horizons. buy targeted facebook likes

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Are you searching for real YouTube subscribers? Put aside your worries, we will adequately lead you to buy YouTube subscribers. buying youtube subs

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Sophie Grace said...


I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. To find top account on instagram, please coming site webstagram to know more

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google